For street photography and landscapes

Started 2 months ago | User reviews thread
Jimmmy
OP Jimmmy Junior Member • Posts: 39
Re: For street photography and landscapes

Jimmmy wrote:

Ordered a 12mm f/2 lens today in BNG condition from KEH. Planning to use it on an extended trip to UK and European continent later this year (covid permitting). Love the M43 format, small size, and most of all IBIS in the Olympus cameras. Taking an E-M1 mark I, E-M10 mark iv and E-PL9 bodies as well as other lenses. Have has good experience with BGN lenses at KEH. Hope this one will also meet expectations.

So ....... I caught all kind of hell around here for posting that I had ordered this 12mm f/2 Olympus lens for an upcoming trip -- a BGN specimen, priced accordingly(!), at KEH.  For my purposes, the pricing (less than half of a new lens) made this possible, altogether.  My purchase arrived today.  After close inspection, have decided its a very thin line between BGN and nearly new.  Very pleased with first test shots.  Shooting in afternoon light, at ~~~ f/5 to f/6.3, size and weight being factored in, color, contrast, and clarity of the images work for me.  It's a good addition to my bag.  I expect it'll see lots of use.

Pedestrians

Down the block

Autumn colors across the street

Jimmmy's gear list:Jimmmy's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Fujifilm X100T Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +27 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow