HDR Pano help

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Turbo14 New Member • Posts: 9
HDR Pano help

Hi,

I am working on a composite image combining 3-shot exposure bracketed images with 3 vertical panorama images, so 9 in total. I'm trying to figure out the workflow and struggling. My tools are Lightroom 5.7, Elements 14 and Luminar HDR 18. I would like to stick to those, but am willing to listen to a compelling reason for using a different tool.

I have been pretty happy with HDR processing on Luminar and feel like I have that under control, but only when the 3 images are natively aligned (sturdy tripod). I do have each group of exposure bracketed images aligned, so that works well. So if I start with creating 3 HDR images and then make the Pano, things seem OK, but the stiched together Pano no longer matches perfectly because of slight HDR setting differences. Maybe I could control this manually, but I don't know how.

The other method is to use Photo Merge in Photoshop to make 3 Panos first, one for each exposure level, then use those 3 images to process with HDR. The problem I am having here is the 3 images have different distortion correction, so they are no longer aligned well for the HDR process.

Does anybody have a suggestion?

I'm not strong enough in Photoshop to do it all manually with layers, although I do see that as a potential path. Previous to this I mostly did everything only in Lightroom, so I'm quite inexperienced in Photoshop and Luminar.

Also, unfortunately I didn't get raw images, just jpegs from a Canon RP. But that shouldn't change the workload much. I would like to print as big as 16x20" eventually.

Thanks,

Adam

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow