Whats the future of analog with no new cameras?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Autonerd Senior Member • Posts: 1,906
Re: Whats the future of analog with no new cameras?

tesla23 wrote:

- more new 35mm cameras, especially premium models (except for Leica of course)

It'll never happen. Film cameras are a dead-end for the manufacturer -- (except maybe Fuji) because they are not consumable items. Digital is a better business prospect because it is the consumable item -- especially high-end ones which get replaced often.

Aaron

All of this will result in a drop of price of half-assed used cameras at ridiculous prices and create an overall better user experience.

You are insisting the prices are ridiculous, and yet you've got people here who are actually purchasing these cameras and telling you that's not the case.

I am just not willing to drop serious money for a used camera with no ability to fix it.

Again, you're insisting there is no ability fix a used camera, when you've got people here who are actually getting cameras repaired and telling you that's not the case.

You seem to be convinced that used cameras are too expensive and not repairable. You don't seem to want to hear anything to the contrary. I don't mean to seem unfriendly to a new user, but why have this conversation on a discussion board if you're going to reject everything people tell you? I would think you'd be happy to learn that your suppositions about used cameras are wrong.

Next thing you'll be telling us film and developing are prohibitively expensive.

Lighten up, my new friend -- the used-camera purchase and repair scene is better than you think it is! Isn't that good news?

Aaron

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow