"Shot on Film" challenge?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Barry Twycross Veteran Member • Posts: 3,174
"Shot on Film" challenge?

Now I'm hosting challenges, I'm wondering how much interest there would be in a "Shot on Film" challenge. And if there is interest, how would you like it to go.

I have separate challenges for newly taken shot, and previously taken shots. Would there be interest in a challenge to take new shots on film, given the vagaries of getting a digital image off them? The usual format is the photo has to be shot after the announcement date of the challenge, which gives 2 weeks for a picture to be produced.

The problem I see with that, is that the exif data of an image is usually used to validate the date taken of an image (not a foolproof method), but film doesn't come with exif (apart from maybe some APS). How would that be validated?

I also usually specify full exif, because I like looking through the details of the shots and how they were produced. Would a requirement to make extensive notes be acceptable?

I'm also interested in having one for a "raw" shot which shows exactly what you'd get off your scanner without further processing (negs could be inverted and exposure corrected), and a separate challenge for what you can do with further processing.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Barry Twycross's gear list:Barry Twycross's gear list
Panasonic GX850 Fujifilm GFX 50R Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Leica Nocticron 42.5mm Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow