What a7 model should I get ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
amit190 Regular Member • Posts: 436
What a7 model should I get ?

Hello guys!
I thank you for all your comments helping me get to know the lens line,now I need your advice -which body to get.

I will use the camera for me and my family only, no paid work. Landscapes ,travel and moving kids. Probobly with small primes 18-85mm.
Im not after long teles and birds in flight, and not going to print large,
I use capture one to edit raw files.

What I have in mind :
A7c-being the smallest, a7iii-should be the most capable but 2000usd , a7r2 the cheapest with 42mp (not sure I need), and there is the a7r3 way off the budget.

Im used to olympus em10ii, use the s-af and the touch screen to set the focus point while using the evf.
So touch screen /joystick will be great , however ,if I take the a7r2 I will need to work differently, maybe c-af -lock and recompose ?
I want my camera to be fun , 5seconds delay while checking the photo I just took -not so fun

I think crop abilities and 18mp crops will be a plus ,but not sure if its a dealbreaker.
What about ibis ? Colors?

A7iii should be the best, but add 600usd over the a7r2 ?

Can you please help me choose?
Thanks in advance.

Sony a7 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow