iPad Pro - a new future for my hobby

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
robgendreau Veteran Member • Posts: 7,959
Re: iPad Pro - a new future for my hobby

Those contemplating the use of Photos and an iPad Pro for their main photo processing solution might want to check out Apple's new subscription plans, since online storage is obviously key. The storage limits are now in various bundles with Apple TV+, music, etc. Since I'd assume many are using Photos because of its integration with other Apple stuff, and hence those folks might be using other Apple services, you might find switching to some of the new bundles saves some money.

From TidBits:

Despite the Apple One name, there are actually three discounted service bundles:

• Apple One Individual: For $14.95 per month, you get Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 50 GB of iCloud storage. Before Apple One, that would cost $20.96, so you would save $6.01 per month.
  • Apple One Family: For $19.95 per month for up to six family members, you get Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 200 GB of iCloud storage. Before Apple One, that would cost $27.96, so you would save $8.01 per month.
  • Apple One Premier: For $29.95 per month, you get everything: Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, Apple Fitness+, and 2 TB of iCloud storage, all of which can be shared among six family members. With the pre-Apple One price at $54.94, you’d be saving $24.95 per month.

Of course, it's also a bit frustrating as you probably end up with something you don't need, as with cable. I'm in that boat; we've got Apple News+ as a sub, and free AppleTV+ because of buying a Mac. So none of the options get us more storage without adding a service we don't need. But maybe if we switch out of another music service. In any case, worth looking at. And since for many of us images take up tons of our back up space, savings on that storage online or even with extra drives might factor in.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow