Anyone else not like the XF35mm f2?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
matt lit
matt lit Forum Member • Posts: 72
Re: Anyone else not like the XF35mm f2?

harryhaller wrote:

SpeedyNeo wrote:

Focal lengths are a pure matter of taste. However, one might grow to like a specific FL with practice. If you shot enough with it and still don't like it, then get the 23.

That's it. The first 2 years of my 42 years in photography I had nothing but a 1.9/50mm lens.
Ever since then I hate 50mm eq. focal length. I never had a 50mm in my time with Nikon and now with Fuji I have 2/23mm plus 2/50mm and no intent to get a 35mm any time soon.

HH

F1.9 50mm lens...Curious if that was a Yashica 50...I had the FR2 and it had a 50 1.9. I'm with you that during my working career as a photojournalist I never owned a 50 and was creatively against that length (whatever the hell that means!).
I shot a 24, 105, 180 or 300 and never had a problem! My only zoom was a compact Vivitar 70-150 (a truly beautiful and overlooked little zoom).
When I bought my used Pro-2 a few months ago to upgrade my Pro-1 it came with a 35 f2. I had plans to immediately sell it...and...months later I think I've fallen for the field of view. Still...I find myself gazing longingly at that 23.

~~~
from the base of colorado's continental divide...
fotomatt
www.MattLitPhoto.com
www.ColoradoDogPhotography.com
IG: @ColoradoDogPhoto

matt lit's gear list:matt lit's gear list
Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-Pro2 +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow