Sony FE vs Canon RF Vs Nikon Z

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP AchilleasEmm Regular Member • Posts: 138
Re: Sony FE vs Canon RF Vs Nikon Z

68shooter wrote:

Achilleas96 wrote:

I am a Sony guy for the time being but the recent updates in photography and the new cameras of all the companies have made me thinking about changing system. I use a Sony a7III and it is a great camera in all aspects but some of the experience and the handling bugs me.

I have held (not yet tried) the Z6 and R6 and i was impressed. And their lenses are great and really well made from what I have heard.

So the question is: have you considered changing systems and why? What did you choose if you 've made the switch? What is your experience

I was just curious about how long you've had the A7 iii. I just bought one and it looks to me as if it may take quite a while for me to get used to the Sony system, coming from Canon.

I don't expect to be comfortable with it until I've gotten maybe 5,000 shots, IMO (just a guess). This could be 6 months....a year...., I don't know. By comfortable, I mean getting things where I like them, and understanding how I can intuitively change an odd setting here and there.

Unfortunately, with the amount of cash I have available, I've applied for a marriage license with my A7 iii. I can't afford a divorce right now.

I have it for about a year and a half. I have used it extensively. I am coming from a Nikon d7200 so sony at the time was the logical solution. Thanks to youtube i ve learned its quirks but its handling wasnt my favorite. Z6 and the R felt better in my hands but their af systems and lenses were not up to sonys system so...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow