A7C + gyro data may get me to switch from A7 III

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
VeloChrome
VeloChrome New Member • Posts: 16
A7C + gyro data may get me to switch from A7 III

I know there's been a lot of chatter about why the A7C is or is not an interesting new camera. I've loved using my A7III for the past few years since it just "works" for the vast majority of what I need. I like taking photos and videos of my family around the house and when we travel. That's it. Sometimes I try to take "nicer" photos and videos to convince myself that I am still a "real" photographer.

That said, when I learned about how to use the gyro data to stabilize videos from my ZV1, it really changed my perspective on what I might be able to get out of my cameras. Rather than having to carry a gimbal around, I could get "good enough" quality video using stabilization in Catalyst Browse. Of course, the ZV1 is limited by its sensor size so sometimes it wouldn't give me the depth of field or low-light performance in certain situations.

But the A7C has gyro data. So despite some of its shortcomings, maybe there's a real chance that it could do things that my well-loved A7III isn't able to do right now in a more compact package. Or maybe I'm wrong and am just trying to justify my GAS again to my wife. 

VeloChrome's gear list:VeloChrome's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Sony ZV-1 Sony a7 III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +3 more
Sony a7 III Sony a7C Sony ZV-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow