Anyone using 105mm or 135mm primes on Nikon Z?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
YetAnotherUnsername Regular Member • Posts: 328
Anyone using 105mm or 135mm primes on Nikon Z?

I'm interested in getting a reasonably(ish) priced short telephoto prime at some point in the future and wondering what experience people have here with NIkon Z and the adapter.

Initially, I was looking at 105mm prime options but the prices for f1.4 105s pushed me to look at alternatives. After considering manual focus options I looked into slightly longer focal lengths that would allow me to get more/similar DOF at around f2 or f1.8.

This has led me to thinking about the Sigma 135mm f1.8 DG HSM Art lens for Nikon F.

Has anyone used this lens on their Nikon Z?

I would also be interested to hear from anyone with other 105mm or 135mm prime experience with Nikon Z - I'm open to suggestions.

My main use for the lens would actually be for street and travel photography but also perhaps some landscape. I like experimenting with focal lengths and not being able to get close to people is making me explore new approaches to street photography.

Thanks all.

YetAnotherUnsername's gear list:YetAnotherUnsername's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon Z6 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Jd3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow