DSLR -> Mirrorless Guides?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP anim8tr Regular Member • Posts: 140
Re: DSLR -> Mirrorless Guides?

ChelseaPhotographer wrote:

anim8tr wrote:

Is there an online resource that discusses the pluses and minuses of moving from one camera system to another when it comes to making a switch from DSLR to Mirrorless? I'm currently a Nikon DSLR shooter but would like to start moving to a mirrorless system, Nikon or other.

A clear advantage of mirrorless is that they can potentially be lighter and smaller than a similar DSLR.

[...]

In the end, if weight is not an issue, then for me DSLRs are better cameras for still photography.

A lot of people on this site will tell you that "mirrorless is the future". It might be, but that is not necessarily a good thing...

Weight and size is one of the primary reasons I'm considering a switch to mirrorless, but I'm not looking for a travel friendly camera. I'm primarily looking for a higher res camera (aka D850+) that is smaller and lighter in weight If Nikon had something like that then I wouldn't be looking any further...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow