With nikon Z4, sony a7c, Pan S5 and Canon R5 -- where does new Pentax APSC stand?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
breeze_of_wind
breeze_of_wind Senior Member • Posts: 1,332
Re: With nikon Z4, sony a7c, Pan S5 and Canon R5 -- where does new Pentax APSC stand?

Gary Martin wrote:

Gary Martin wrote:

breeze_of_wind wrote:

Gary Martin wrote:

Jhaakas wrote:

All very competitive FF milcs being now in the market, where do we expect Pentax New Flagship to be in?

It competes as a counterpoint to them, an old-school alternative with a refined optical viewfinder and an emphasis on handling and feel. Those seeking the latest tech need not apply.

What price point will it come in.. and on what basis will it compete..

No idea on the price, but it will complete by being unique, and for Pentax users to utilize their existing lens system. It's an upgrade for anyone still using a K-5, K-3 or KP, and a crop-sensor companion to a K-1.

The latter makes no sense. Why do I need a crop sensor whet the K is just so good?

Would have to be more than that little effect to draw a K1 user into the orbit of this new camera

With a 1.5 crop factor, a lens like the 150-450 will get you more "reach" on a 24mp crop sensor than on a 36mp full-frame sensor, it's simply math and physics.

Also, the K-1 has low fps and a small buffer, so even the K-3 is better for shooting action.

Come on, the new camera would have to be as sharp as hell, the fps would have to be much higher, and the auto focus spot on -- oh stop, that is the new camera I want.  Keep your fingers crossed.  With all of my Pentax glass -- including the 150-450 and Sigma 500, that crop factor sounds just great.  That is why I have held up on my next purchase.  But I am not an easy sell, I have gone that road too many times with Pentax.  Either they produce a world class product or they do not.

breeze_of_wind's gear list:breeze_of_wind's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ogl
ogl
ogl
ogl
ogl
ogl
ogl
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow