By the time anyone releases a 100+ MP sensor...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
MaciekPruski Regular Member • Posts: 253
Re: Software

Alphoid wrote:

RedFox88 wrote:

what software is missing need?

If I take a photo with my phone, it ends up on Google Images, where I can find it and view it anytime. A year later, Google sends me a nice collage of photo memories. If I need to edit it, I can get an app to do that, and edit right after I took the photo. If I want to use my phone with OBS, there's an app for that. If I want to share it, I can do it 15 seconds after I took the photo, via whatever medium I want. All of it just works and works together.

With cameras, I'm messing with manual backups, large hard drives, memory cards, editing later when I get to a computer, slow software for organizing/managing files. It's a mess and it's no fun.

With a phone, I can also program it to do whatever I want. It's a bit of work. With a camera, I can't. At the very least, there should be open protocols for Bluetooth, 802.11, and USB. USB should also support the option to work as a webcam, without some buggy Windows application. Mounts and hotshoes should also be open.

Good news is latest phones are starting to compete with high-end compacts like the RX100, and definitely outclassing 1/2.3" compacts. The photo quality is getting very acceptable. There's a good chance they'll hit MFT and APS quality in a few years too.

Also, the best smartphones do automatic frame stacking (for example Google's HDR+). The Pixels also offer "dual exposure" control where you can set exposure values for shadows and highlights separately. Camera companies should start doing serious computational photography

MaciekPruski's gear list:MaciekPruski's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax KP Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4.0 AL (IF) SDM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jnd
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow