Sea Frogs Sony a7riii housing review?

Started Oct 21, 2018 | Discussions thread
daveco2
OP daveco2 Contributing Member • Posts: 931
Re: Sea Frogs Sony a7riii housing review?

poma wrote:

daveco2 wrote:

Adam Palmer wrote:

I love mine -- anything in particular you want to know about it?

Thanks. Very interesting. If I ever upgrade to the a7RIII camera and case, I'll check out these gears. I'm still working with the a7RII and the cheap first generation Meikon case; and have made so many mods to it, I'll be keeping it for a while.

Hi Dave, any serious issues with the Meikon? I have a Sony a7rii and still loving it, but can't decide which uw housing to buy.

Some people tell me to stay away from "the new Chinese brands" considering the 7rii is a great and expensive camera (I suppose it's been devalued by now, but if it got flooded it would be very expensive to replace!)

But the alternatives are so expensive! And there's no real used options around here, very few Sony a7rii users, even fewer who (free/)dive.

I'm all ears on anything you got to share. Thanks!

I had exactly the same dilemma as you, but decided to go with Meikon due to the huge cost advantage. I started out with a7rii in the original case, then went with a7rii in their 2nd gen,  than an a6500 in the Sea frogs, and now an a7riii in their case with all the accessories.

It all worked well - various domes, macro ports, vacuum checker - over about 70 dives around the world.  I have yet to check the a7riii due to virus cancellation. One caveat: have had issues with original case that required some button adjustment of my own.

Dave

daveco2's gear list:daveco2's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a7R II Sony a7R III
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow