A discussion on exposing/correcting for skin tones -

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KAAMBIC
KAAMBIC Forum Member • Posts: 58
A discussion on exposing/correcting for skin tones -

Im subbed to THIS CHANNEL and saw this VIDEO pop up in suggested tonight. I've also seen the skin tone discussion here a few times and thought it would be an interesting video to analyze. Im only about 20 minutes in and completely disagree with the guest videographer guy.

I looked up the 50 Cent photos along with the video, and the Pfeiffer photos too and i think the guest guy is full of it, the Pfeiffer shots in the google search have just as much skin tone variation as the 50 Cent photos.

The guest seems to want to blame some sort of subconscious bias, that he wanted to "make everybody look like him". If that's true i'd assume everybody does that since they are used to seeing their own skin tone more than anybody else's.

Thankfully as the guest speaker tried to make it an ethnic problem, the channel owner managed to explain there are many tone variations even among the same ethnicity and even Caucasian people have a wide swath of tone variations that would require very different color grading.

I have shot people of various skin tones and never saw the issues this guest claims to have had, in video or stills. Do you agree with him there's a greater issue at work or is he just imagining things and projecting that on the rest of society?

-- hide signature --

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Somebody who was silenced.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow