Meike MD-D18 died?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
T O Shooter Forum Pro • Posts: 10,999
Re: Meike MD-D18 died?

dperez wrote:

I forgot about saving the settings to a card... simplifies things...

I JUST saw the topic about changing the bl-5 ends... I don't have an OFFICIAL BL-5, but I took the screws out and removed the end cap from a BL-5, put it back on the battery and inserted it. Without the end cap I have LOTS of flexibility for positioning the battery, so if it was going to work, I"d think that would do it...

Nope. Still not showing battery data and still 7 fps.

Which leads me to a different question - will the D850 work with ONLY the battery in the battery grip? If I pull the en-el15 out of the body, and put the grip on with the en-el18 I get the green LED lighting, and an empty battery in the top window. And NOTHING works.

So, IS the camera even actually SEEING the battery in the grip? It's a DSTE battery I charged, and I just checked the voltage at the contacts - it reads 12.25 V, which is unloaded voltage. Also checked one of the Wasabi batteries and it read 12.1V.

So, the batteries have juice, the Meike grip is brand new, both batteries have been proven to work perfectly and provide 9 fps...

Should the camera work with no in-body battery?

I"m off to do a factory reset... This whole thing is BIZARRE...

Not sure what you were doing with the BL5 end cap off. Only reason to switch it on an OEM BL-5 is that the connection is not made properly. Replacing it with one that came with the Mcoplus cured that.

The D850 should work with only a battery in the grip. So the camera is not recognizing the battery. You should have an EN-EL15 tray for the grip. Try running the body battery in that tray and see if it will recognize the smaller battery,

-- hide signature --

A Canon G5 and a bit of Nikon gear.
---------------------------
All cameras are so good nowadays, that the good stuff is kinda "given" or "expected". It is the limitations that get to you when you use them in real world situations. Windsurfer LA

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow