Understanding fuji ois (15-45)

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kierenlon
kierenlon Contributing Member • Posts: 830
Understanding fuji ois (15-45)

I have a couple of F1.4 primes (23, 35) and the kit 14-45 ois lens for my XT-3. For hikes and general walk about, I like the 15-45. It is sharp at the wide end and pretty good, in my opinion, to about 25mm.

I've been using it hand held and images are sharp and detailed in that range. However on tripod, they are blurry. Tripod shots are typically me and my partner doing touristy things, triggered via the remote app. So in this scenario / viewing size, it doesn't really matter that the images are not as sharp as they could be.

I thought changing the OIS to on release which I thought might solve it. I think the official fuji advice is to leave OIS on but I don't think that works. It would be great if I could just have a tripod setting ready to go on the Q-menu but can settle for a quick menu mnemonic
Do you know the issue? If so, what do you recommend

Sorry
- no example pictures - my partner doesn't like social sharing or social media and my examples are of her

kierenlon's gear list:kierenlon's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow