Canon EXEC: EOS R7 teased with"the R series lineup is not yet complete…"

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RDM5546
RDM5546 Senior Member • Posts: 1,412
Canon EXEC: EOS R7 teased with"the R series lineup is not yet complete…"

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/canon-eos-r7-teased-by-exec-the-r-series-lineup-is-not-yet-complete

"Of course, I'm thinking of expanding [the EOS R line] in the future as a strategy, but I can't say yet whether it will be EOS R7," teased Tsuyoshi Tokura, when asked whether the Canon EOS R7 might join the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6.

No mention of a cinematic or 90MP high resolution variants of the R5 though (R5C or R5R) despite recent rumors.   I bet the R7 is much cheaper than the R6 unlike the $5000 - $7000 that I would guess that an R5R and R5C and R5C might cost.

I bet the R5C is bigger, heavier and bulkier with a full size HDMI connector as well needing a special battery or a dual battery possibly like that in the 1DX MK III.  Neither of these do appeal to me but may satify others with more extreme requirements.  The R5 is for me the perfect Photographers camera with some time limited high tech video.  Perfect for me in a small compact  nearly weather proof swamp/jungle/rainstorm/snowstorm system.    If Adorama would I only ship mine ordered July 9 at the same times as B&H ships their July 9 customers.  I will be a happy camera camper and put my EOS R away to use the powerful new tool.

RDM5546's gear list:RDM5546's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R +34 more
Canon EOS R5 Ricoh Caplio R6 Ricoh Caplio R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow