Pretty heated at Canon website, R5 said in stock

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
iazybandit Contributing Member • Posts: 504
Re: Pretty heated at Canon website, R5 said in stock

souvikdgp wrote:

starfly wrote:

Jeff108 wrote:

I had the same thing happen to me this morning.

It said in stock and once I placed the order it said backordered

I called up and cancelled it since Im still waiting on B&H

It's so annoying that Canon does this. I placed an order Friday for a RF 35mm lens. Showed in stock on the website. My order confirmation showed In Stock. I check online today, and it's backordered. And then you have to go on hold for 30 mins to cancel it.

I'll try to cancel it later because I don't want to deal with a backordered item.

Same story here. Ordered RF 35mm while it was in stock. Got order confirmation email showing in stock. Only when I checked my order status I can see that it's backordered. Even worse, the product was showing in stock last evening, although my order status is backordered. Very pathetic to say the least.

Holding onto my order since I was able to apply stacked coupon and got 19% discount on the item.

Smart choice to hold on to it. You probably won't find many chances where the coupon stacks. I ordered mine refurbished back in like March/April for $200 and free shipping! It was a one off type of deal.

Based on what I've seen, the backorder may be temporary and not a long wait like the R5.

iazybandit's gear list:iazybandit's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L USM Canon 70-200 F2.8L III Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow