Nope .... I’m not getting rid of my Nikon DX system

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Hannes82 Junior Member • Posts: 38
Re: Nope .... I’m not getting rid of my Nikon DX system

Richard B99 wrote:

Hannes82 wrote:

Richard B99 wrote:

Err... the last “Nikon DX” announced and released was the Z50. Just saying.

Which is a different mount with a narrow lens range.

Clearly but the question was about 'DX'! Equally clearly, Nikon's direction of travel is mirrorless in Z mount (whether FX or DX) with a nod to top end FX and high end glass.

I agree!

Is anyone really anticipating another DX DSLR to ever launch; especially at the top end rather than a slight warming over of the 3000/5000 range to move a few more units?

I would be interested in a version with on sensor phase detection, serious video implementation and optical viewfinder. No slight warming though, I could not even tell the difference between D5200 and D5600. Problem of top end DX for me is that it is too close to low end FF. And both is expensive for just-for-fun shooters like me (while not making  the major difference, though I am no more excluding the jump). I like optical viewfinders though their time seems to be running out. Still, I cannot imagine third parties producing any new mount lens for F or Z. Nikon seems to be getting premium exclusively.

Hannes82's gear list:Hannes82's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Nikon D5100 Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 60mm F2 Di II LD IF Macro Tamron 16-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Macro
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow