Advice: Is a good still camera without video too much to ask for?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ronnex-printz New Member • Posts: 19
Advice: Is a good still camera without video too much to ask for?

I did pro video and broadcast television for 25 years.

Which made me abhor 24 frames per sec.

So I quit...and bought a Fuji X-T2 which never really bothered me with its dark video side, even though I knew it was there.

After years of enjoyable use it recently broke, much to my dismay. Yet in my quest to buy another camera I’ve come to realize, that the dark side has now fully taken over.

X-T3 and even more so the X-T4 are “hybrids”. The latter even has a dial between video and still, protruding at the top! Really? That’s a total no-go for me, no matter how well the rest of this technological wonder behaves.

I like to take pictures. Stills. Photos. Dead, totally dead frames. To heck with “hybrid”.

So here’s my question to all you fine folks.

Please direct me to a reasonable, preferable mirrorless quality camera, that is just that. A camera. Not a camcorder. Not a camera trying to be one. Or do both. No 4, 5 or 6 K video resolution. No XLR in and out. No slowmo. No “vlogging”. And fork you, tube.

Just a back to basics manual still camera with dials for exposure, shutter and ISO, that frames my chosen millisecond of the World, once I click the damn button.

Much obliged.

Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
tex
Bob
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow