New to birding...my first weekend with a proper lens.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dr_Love
Dr_Love Contributing Member • Posts: 834
New to birding...my first weekend with a proper lens.

I can't responsibly invest in a big piece of glass like the Sony 200-600 unless I can justify becoming a birder and get enough use out of the lens to be worthwhile. So I rented it for 3 mornings. I've never shot anything longer than 200 prior to Saturday morning. Here are some examples of what I got. I'll take any input available. I have much to learn as I've never been a sports action or wildlife shooter. I still have a bunch more to process. I shot from just before sunrise to about 10:30 am. I averaged about 750 captures per day over 3 days. I tested the lens with both A7Rii and A6500. I definitely prefer the AF performance and readout speed of the A6500 but actually visually tracking and keeping the bird in the frame to begin with is easier on the FF.

Kingfisher

Dr_Love's gear list:Dr_Love's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a6500 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sigma 24mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +8 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow