Portrait challenge

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Bill Thoo Regular Member • Posts: 234
Re: Portrait challenge

JahnG wrote:

New Day Rising wrote:

David1961 wrote:

Because JahnG tried to hijack this thread by asking me a clearly off-topic question in an earlier post instead of following DPR rules and starting a new thread with his question.

Or because it's a normal part of life on DPR that threads occasionally veer into off-topic directions for a little while.

Those side conversations are often more interesting than the original topic and are sometimes (as in this case) a nice way of members learning a little more about the world we all live.

As long as nobody is being denied the opportunity to contribute whatever they want to say to the main topic and nobody is being harmed, I'm personally not bothered.

Well stated facts of life in the DPR community, NDR.

Actually I tried in a good (kind) mood to communicate with member David, with a short PScomment, as the earlier communication was possibly unnecessarily grave. I however learned that I should not in future disturb this member with any kind of comments, (however kind).

The DPR community isn't the army, is it, where you can't deviate even with one sentence from the actual topic. BTW, one member (that I will not mention) often state that we are at DPR just for fun? The same member often state that we shall interpret the rules of DPR (challenges). But enough of that.

Back on the rail, what about using radio, Ham Radio, all concerning radio transmission in DPR challenges?

Jahn

Whoever advocated fun interpretations (of challenges) I whole heartedly agree with.  A pity it's so serious...

So, has anyone picked up any Aussie AM transmissions from Europe yet?

Bill Thoo's gear list:Bill Thoo's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony a7R II Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow