Speed Booster Sigma 150-600mm

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Aussie Coop
OP Aussie Coop Regular Member • Posts: 398
Re: Speed Booster Sigma 150-600mm

nnowak wrote:

Aussie Coop wrote:

Has anyone used the Sigma 150-600 Contemporary on an Eos M with the Viltrox 0.71 Speed booster ?

I read there was a vignette and Im trying to find out how much and what people thought?

The M6 is a secondary camera and Im usually using the Sigma on my EosR but was thinking the boost in light would come in handy.

Puting a speedbooster on the Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 creates a 106-426mm f/3.5-4.5 lens. When you mount this combo on an M series camera it is equivalent to 170-682mm f/5.6-7.1 on full frame. You are basically right back where you started with this lens on your R, but with the additional image degradation caused by the speedbooster.

Im aware of the new focal length, but how do you come at it being f/7.1 , doesnt the booster increase light by at least 1 stop? So that would make it 682mm f/4.5 at the long end by my calculation ( far from being where it is on the R ). From what Ive read the centre of the image loses very little quality. Im not using a 682mm lens to shoot landscapes so Im really only interested in the centre of the image anyway.

Aussie Coop's gear list:Aussie Coop's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS R +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow