Pretty heated at Canon website, R5 said in stock

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Lawn Lends
Lawn Lends Senior Member • Posts: 2,376
Re: Pretty heated at Canon website, R5 said in stock

starfly wrote:

Neuropsychology wrote:

I feel your pain.

Try buying a new Nvida RTX 3800 video card. Bots are starting to proliferate and resellers (like scalpers) are growing. Very annoying to the consumer.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/how-a-bot-bought-dozens-of-rtx-3080-units-before-consumers-could-grab-them

Ha! I was able to snag one from EVGA.com when they went on sale Thursday morning. I got lucky I guess.

I have 3 hobbies: building custom watercooled PCs, photography, and audio (as in an audiophile). They're all very expensive hobbies.

So I built a fully custom watercooled PC earlier this year, and the 3080 is an upgrade to that system. The R5 arrives tomorrow. And I assembled a power amplifier with state of the art components a couple months ago. It's been an expensive year.

Canon users (I think most all camera buyers) are spoiled by manufacturers doing their best to enforce MSRP prices.

Computer hardware buyers get paper launches and retailers adding on extra profit margins when the demand allows.

Not saying this is wrong or right, just that this is reality of the different product areas.

Lawn Lends's gear list:Lawn Lends's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a7R III
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow