Deer rutting season - M5 + ?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
OP TMC88 Junior Member • Posts: 27
Re: Deer rutting season - M5 + ?

BonnieSueM wrote:

TMC88 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm going on an organised tour to see the stags during rutting season in the next couple of weeks.

Can I ask for your recommendations of what to pair with my M5 (with or without adapter) in order to get the best out of the experience? Longest lens I currently own is 55-250mm STM. FYI, i'm a landscape shooter so any additional hints and tips are welcomed.

Have a great day.

Is this a one off trip or would you like to have some longer glass in your bag? For a one off, maybe think about renting a 7dii and a 100-400ii. If you just want to buy something longer, I do love my 70-300 is ii usm. Although, it’s not that much longer than the 55-250, it’s much smaller than the 100-400s. Still not sure how well it would pair with an m5. It’s kind of ridiculous on my m100. For that reason, I find a monopod very helpful when I’m shooting longer focal lengths with the m. Good luck!

Yes, a one-off morning shoot as part of a longer landscape photography trip. Renting is indeed the idea I had too. Really not sure how close is possible, allowed or safe with respect to these animals so I guess more mm are always better.

Thanks for the tip on the monopod - hadn't considered it.

-- hide signature --

-T

TMC88's gear list:TMC88's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow