Which 28mm: Sigma or Nikon 1.8/1.4?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
crashwins Contributing Member • Posts: 872
Which 28mm: Sigma or Nikon 1.8/1.4?

I'm moved away from Sony and back to my trusty Nikon and I'm thankful for that...Just a bit of interesting info, but over the quarantine I went through a bit of gear (head-spinning without being able to work) and selling my previous D850 happened super fast, whereas my Sonys always took awhile, and I mean that on Facebook and here..Just interesting. Anyway!

My main lens and FL is 50mm and I use the 50 ART on my D850. I found the 35 ART to be too similar to the 50 (I slowly drifted to 50, from 35, finding it to be a more "normal" lens). So I'm thinking 28mm would be better for me as a 2-lens setup. Interesting, I notice some MF setups crop to 28mm a lot. But I'm undecided on the Sigma or Nikon (I'd even consider the 1.8G if it reviewed very well). They seem to be similarly priced...Or, perhaps, there are deeper discounts on Nikon now, which is a plus. I'm interested in bokeh, colors, and sharpness (I'd use this 80% for people, 20% for landscapes). I think one would be hard-pressed to see the difference between 1.4 and 1.8 at waist-up shots of people, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for reading!

Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow