What gear would you lend to younger self and when?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
C Sean Senior Member • Posts: 2,631
What gear would you lend to younger self and when?

I’m planning to go through some of my older pictures and see if any of them worthy of being printed. This got me thinking if I could travel back in time, what gear would I lend to my younger self and when?

For me it had to be the London Olympics in 2012. Here’s is the backstory. One of my brothers tried to get tickets for the games and was successful on a number of occasions. I was meant to go twice, however my brother had his ankle snapped in a game of Rugby. As a result he was temporary classed as disabled and he decided to capitalise on his leg by getting disable tickets which were still available. So not only I got to see a fair bit of the Olympics but we got good seats too.

I brought with me.

• G3
  • 100-300
  • 45mm 2.8
  • 25mm 1.4
  • 14mm 2.5

I would give my younger self the following:

• My safari shoulder bag
  • Gh5 (make sure it set to JPEG + Raw)
  • 100-400
  • 50-200

The 100-400 mainly used for outside events and the 50-200 for indoor arenas. I would also tell my younger self to use different metering.

I feel I was lucky to witness a lot of the games and got good seats. If we look at Olympics in Brazil where the attendance was barbaric and Tokyo might be similar due to Covid 19. So I do feel I was extremely lucky and by giving myself my current gear would be the icing on the cake.

Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow