Any selling points of an R6 vs A7III?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
juanmaasecas
juanmaasecas Senior Member • Posts: 1,158
Re: Any selling points of an R6 vs A7III?

MinAZ wrote:

Disregarding lenses...

Are there any strong support for an A7III -> R6 upgrade, if it is that?

R6 is more expensive, less MP, but has a flip-out screen, slightly better IBIS, and some subjective benefits like colors, menus, ergonomics...

I actually think A7III has as good if not better AF to R6, but this is hard to measure (also, technically I tested a R5 - not gotten my hands on an R6 yet).

That pretty much seems like a wash, maybe a hair to the R6?

I just extended the warranty of my A7III One more year, so for now I’ll stay with Sony. 
I was planning on moving to the R5/R6, but they’re just released and are too expensive, so I will wait a bit longer so that they drop in price and also I can find a cheap second body... so far I might buy the eos R again for some time, but I’ll keep my Sony as well for low light as I need ibis.

in the future I know that I will move to Canon as I prefer Canon colors, screens, menus, etc, but for now, Sony has some interesting quality/price lenses that are not yet available in Canon, and also the A7III is still a bargain for what it offers and the price I paid for it...

juanmaasecas's gear list:juanmaasecas's gear list
Canon EOS M50 Sony a7 III Canon EOS R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow