Curious D850 failure

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Colin Dutton Regular Member • Posts: 226
Curious D850 failure

I recently had a problem with my D850 that left me scratching my head so I was curious to see if anyone else has had the same issue.

My camera was left for 2 weeks switched off with a charged battery inserted during the holidays. When I came back and switched it on it was dead.. not just battery empty kind of dead but completely dead with no sign of life on the top LCD, as if there were no battery inserted.

I tried with 3 charged batteries (all original Nikon), with lens attached, no lens attached etc but still no show. I tried the same batteries in my D800 and they were fine. So I sent the D850 to Nikon for repair.

At Nikon they inserted a battery and switched it on and it worked. I've spoken to a guy at the repair centre and he had no idea what might have caused it.

So now I have the camera back and I've been shooting with it for a couple of weeks with no problems. I'm wondering if it was the internal contacts. Nikon said they didn't check them because they had no reason to. Hmm.

Has anyone had a similar problem? It's left me a little less confident in the camera.

Thanks,

Colin

Colin Dutton's gear list:Colin Dutton's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon D850 Fujifilm X-H1
Nikon D800 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow