R6 - Does anyone prefer to have IBIS turned off?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chris Giles
Chris Giles Regular Member • Posts: 361
R6 - Does anyone prefer to have IBIS turned off?

This is kind of a loaded question but I had a wedding last week and my usual protocol of shooting the EF 85 1.4L (IS) at F2 didn't get my usual sharp results like my EOS R usually does. (When the subject is walking towards me in servo).

It warrants further investigation on my part. Almost as if I'm acquiring focus and shooting ahead of the IS system rather than something actually wrong with it. (But my shot priority is based around focus first then release)

However, it is a longer lens and despite the shots being a minimum of 1/125 I could still be pushing it.

I know with threads like this there'll be a million users saying 'I don't have this problem' which is fine and expected, but it's more that I know of some Sony users who prefer to have IBIS off as it improves the IQ from the camera in the area of sharpness and vignetting.

Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow