Should I pay for a mentor? Or spend that money on online tutorials or in-person workshops instead?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Obiwankenowitall New Member • Posts: 1
Should I pay for a mentor? Or spend that money on online tutorials or in-person workshops instead?

So I've been an amateur for a year now. I practice every weekend and have watched a ton of online tutorials. Recently I started paying for online tutorials with Skillshare and am not disappointed.

This has led me to wonder what else I should pay for to get better. Mentorship is one thing commonly recommended, but I'd love to hear your opinions. There's also in-person workshops, which I haven't done yet. Then you have things like Fstoppers which has plenty of top-notch, but expensive tutorials.

I ask because I want to start spending more money on education, but lots of it is very expensive in photography. Tutorials, workshops, and mentorships can each cost $300+ for just single sessions. That's why I want to know which you think is the best place for my money.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow