Fuji X-pro2 vs X-pro3 honest comparisons pls.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
jslade797 Regular Member • Posts: 264
Re: Fuji X-pro2 vs X-pro3 honest comparisons pls.

iullian wrote:

jslade797 wrote:

2. X100F vs X100V

- any visible difference in IQ? Does the new lens render differently? Does the new lens compare to the 23/2 frujicron?

I have quite a bit of experience with the old lens (on the X100S & T) and I am seriously impressed with the new version. I now have the confidence to use it at f2, and it doesn't seem to exhibit the haze associated closeup and wide open with both the previous generation X100 lens and with the 23mm f2. I have never owned the latter, but find the X100V's lens to perform at least as well as my 23mm f/1.4.

To my eyes, the rendering is also improved over the previous lens - the bokeh seems smoother and less 'nervous' to me, though the f1.4 wins here overall.

Having said all that, if you don't intend to use the lens wide open (and especially if you don't use it wide open *and* closeup), I'm not sure the lens upgrade alone would have been enough to justify the additional expense of the V for me. The weather resistance and flip screen were also huge draws for me, so I went ahead (and am glad I did!).

Thanks. What about OVF and EVF?

I don't use the OVF - EVF is noticeably better than on my X-E3, but it's not something I find makes a massive difference to the shooting experience.

-- hide signature --

Instagram - @jontyslade

jslade797's gear list:jslade797's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm X-T2 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow