Sunday Walk in the Marsh with the A7R4 and FE 200-600

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Glenn Barber Veteran Member • Posts: 3,192
Sunday Walk in the Marsh with the A7R4 and FE 200-600

Today the weather cleared up and it seemed everyone and the birds were out early for a Sunday morning walk in the bird preserve.

We had Snowy Egrets and Great Blue Herons drop right into our midst, with Osprey and Pelicans overhead. Even some of the hummingbird species we hadn't seen much of all summer were back in force.

This snowy egret drops in right into the crowd - but then takes off. - feeling a bit hemmed in.

Seconds after the Snowy Egret takes off, a Great Blue Heron drops into the same crowded spot (this location is close to a favorite fishing spot for the herons). He also takes off again quickly.

Do I look like a peacock with my wings like this??

Anybody know what breed of hummingbird this is? Haven't seen it before in the marsh.

Having no problems today catching BIF (center zone, full manual) - the Osprey and Brown Pelican are from tiny crops.

A female Osprey circles high overhead.

Brown Pelican prepares for the dive.

One of my favorites from the day - we caught this Anna's Hummingbird fluffing in the shadows near the parking lot as we were getting ready to leave.

Glenn Barber's gear list:Glenn Barber's gear list
Sony a7R Sony a6500 Sony a9 Sony a7R IV Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS +10 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow