***MINI CHALLENGE 601***Trains and Boats and Planes

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hwvlover
hwvlover Senior Member • Posts: 5,375
***MINI CHALLENGE 601***Trains and Boats and Planes

This Challenge opens now and will close at noon GMT on Wednesday 30th September (or earlier if entries dry up).

A few months ago Michael86 ran an excellent challenge "Song Title". I thought of a song title to illustrate for that but didn't then so I am going to use it now.

The theme is Trains and Boats and Planes.

Written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David the song has been covered by many artists including my favourite version by Billy J Kramer.

Ideally the images will relate to your travels or those close to you. Air show pics of planes, however wonderful, don't qualify. This is about travel by trains or boats or planes and/or departures and/or arrivals...yours or other folks.

The wretched virus and resultant limitations on movements makes it inappropriate to introduce a requirement re date taken for this challenge so get searching those archives.

An Emirates A380, my "taxi" to Dubai as I started on my second trip to Australia in 2012.

And yes, my seat was on the top deck, about twelve windows back.
Just over two weeks later I returned, excited to be heading back to the UK and yet so sad to be leaving Australia. It is hardly surprising I have revisited that wonderful country many times.

Coming in to land at Brisbane on another trip, that be Australia down there and me up here.

Rules:

1. There is a maximum of 3 entries and five exhibits. State in the title of your post whether your post contains entries or exhibits. Any images not clearly labelled will be deemed exhibits.

2, Only Entries will be considered for First, Second and Third Place.

3. Photos must have been taken by you and can be from any make of camera or cell phone. Any form of processing, including HDR and composites, is acceptable.

4. Post all images using the "Reply to Thread" button below this first post.

6. The First Place winner will host the next challenge and has 3 days to post the new Challenge. The winner can respond to me with a forum post or PM. If that individual does not respond or create a new Challenge within 3 days, or declines to serve, the Second Place winner becomes the next host. If that individual declines to serve, the Third Place winner becomes the next host.
ENJOY THE SONG AND HAVE FUN.

Regards,
David
Growing old is inevitable; growing up, however, is optional.
And I have opted out.

hwvlover's gear list:hwvlover's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Sony RX10 IV
Sony Alpha DSLR-A380
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow