Em1 MkIII does good astrophotography

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
OP Grimstod Regular Member • Posts: 193
Re: Em1 MkIII does good astrophotography

sunnydayz wrote:

Grimstod wrote:

Testing out a new camera. This was taken last night(well this morning really) at Naylor Observatory. Bortle 5 sky. Using my own scope 80x522mm f6.3 and a new Em1 Mk3 which is on lone form Olympus. Think I will have to buy it now. 25x60s exposures. ISO1600 40 darks, 200 bias, 200 flats, 200 dark flats.

Not to C&C or anything because you've presented a beautiful image. Just wondering, when I open the image via the 'original size' link I can really zoom in and see red, blue and green noise and also vertical stripes in the image. I guess you must be stacking images to reduce noise, but how to approach tackling the 'artifacts' I mentioned?

Thanks.

I sorta underestimated this sensors ability to captures highlights. I should have taken longer exposures. I only did 60sec exposures. Ill do this agin soon with 2 or maybe even 5min subs. The pictures were very underexposed so longer exposure will fix that even if I cannot take as many. I was just using setting that I used on my old EM1.1 Its very easy to overexpose the core of the galaxy but as you can see is should have taken longer exposures.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow