possible cause of slight loss of sharpness in images from the Olympus 100-400

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
TomFid Veteran Member • Posts: 3,513
Re: possible cause of slight loss of sharpness in images from the Olympus 100-400

Brian Wadie wrote:

cosmicnode wrote:

Brian Wadie wrote:

I have been pretty sure that my images from the above on my EM-1 mk3 were not as sharp as they could be so as I couldn't sleep tonight I did a quick experiment with an image of a sparrow at about 20ft, shot through a double glazed image.

Do you mean double glazed window, if so that is not exactly optical quality glass. You should test with a test chart to get a accurate image.

thanks for the insight, which of course is correct

However, I am not carrying out a review or testing the lens for evaluation, merely continuing on reporting on my experiences using this lens in the short time before I go into hospital for major surgery

Because of my health I have shot (and shared ) many sharp images shot in this way in the past and this is simply a continuation of that, if that doesn't meet your needs, please ignore what I am doing

I find this idea quite useful. Double glazing isn't ideal, but sometimes it's unavoidable, so any tricks for dealing with it are welcome. Thanks for posting.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow