d7500 to z50

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Underfrykte Junior Member • Posts: 32
d7500 to z50

Hi,

I had my d7500 for almost 2 years now, and it serves me fine. Last January I added Fujifilm X-T100 as I wanted something which I could easily carry around, as I travelled a lot for work before Covid. And I'm now bit puzzled. I like d7500, I take pics of birds behind the house (AF-P 70-300), and I take it around here and there if I have space (18-300 and AF-P 10-20). I also like the much smaller size and better sharpness with the X-T100 - but hate both lenses I have - sharp, but slow electric 'zoom' for the kit, and also sharp and tiny but noisy and slow AF for pancake 27mm. The body is relatively slow, not great AF and I hate their AutoISO implementation. If only I could have best of both - make use of my DX lenses, whilst at the same time small and handy.

Then, last night I realised that if I actually decided to trade in the d7500 (not something that crossed my mind before), plus X-T100 with both lenses, it could (almost?) be enough to get the new Z50 with 16-50 and FTZ. The main worries I have are 1. Size and balance with larger lenses (planning to get 150-600) and 2. AF performance comparing to d7500.

What do you think? Is it a good idea? Am I going to lose something? I've never seen the Z50 'in person' - due to lockdown I WFH and rarely go shopping these days...

Underfrykte's gear list:Underfrykte's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-6.3G ED VR +3 more
Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow