Scanner for old photos and slides?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Vernon D Rainwater Forum Pro • Posts: 14,095
Re: I think I have decided on the V600 but?

SC489 wrote:

Fishrman wrote:

I think I have decided to try the v600 but think the Silverthread software looks like something I would benefit from too. I found this site that makes it appear you can get it for free. Does anyone know whether or not this is legitimate? https://www.silverfast.com/show/bundle-epson/en.html

The offer appears fine. You should be able to find a good discount to upgrade to AI Studio as I did.

I have NOT read all replies so this may (or may not) be helpful for you.

Several years ago when the Epson V700 Scanner was first announced I bought it for scanning my more than 50 years of Negatives and Slides.  It came with excellent Epson Scanning Software plus a low version of other scanning software for which I tried but did not get nearly the quality that I got with the Epson software.  Prior to the V700, I had the Epson 2400 scanner

I found that for scanning both Negatives and Slides that the Scanner and included software  produced excellent results.  Suggest you not assume that all scanners and software provide equal results -- such as comparing the current available models (V600 vs V800).  There are plenty reasons (regarding quality and doing the scans) for the difference in prices.  If (today) I was confronted with such a project, I definitely would want to get the best possible quality especially since there is such an enormous  commitment of overall time and effort to complete such a project.

The original quality of Negatives and Slides along with care of these over time is also important for good quality with less time for post processing the scanned images.

I managed to have two sets of holders for the different negative types plus the 2 1/4 slides which was very helpful to reduce overall scanning time.

Have fun with your project.

-- hide signature --

Vernon...l

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow