X100F/X100V Face-detection and OVF/EVF/ERF

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
trnfncb11 New Member • Posts: 4
X100F/X100V Face-detection and OVF/EVF/ERF

I notice some undocumented (to the best of my knowledge) and confusing interaction between face-detection (FD) and the selection of OVF or EVF. I hope somebody can clarify.

First question: if I turn on  FD, the photometry icon in the LCD (and in the EVF) gets replaced by the appropriate FD/eye-detection icon. The photometry menu icon is disabled and so is any Fn button assigned to photometry. This is the expected behaviour, so far so good.

But if I now switch to the OVF, I see again the photometry icon instead of the FD/ED icon. Is this a bug? Furthermore, if I now switch on the ERF, the photometry icon turns YELLOW, and the Fn button assigned to photometry is active again, allowing me to change the metering mode. What does this all mean? Is FD only working in conjunction with the EVF?

Second related question (X100V): A Fn button assigned to switching FD on/off appears to work only if I look at the LCD or have the EVF on. If I'm composing in OVF, the Fn button is inactive. What gives?

trnfncb11's gear list:trnfncb11's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X100V
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow