Downsizing kit - sell 18-55 and 55-200 to fund 16-80?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GabrielFFontes Contributing Member • Posts: 647
Downsizing kit - sell 18-55 and 55-200 to fund 16-80?

Hey everyone.

I have an X-T3 with an 18-55, 55-200, 35mm 1.4 and 56 1.2.

Over the last few years, photography has kind of slowed down for me. I used to do pro work on the side, but these days I don’t have enough free time for that, so I just do photography as a hobby and on travels.

I’ve been trying to find that photography spark again, and shooting video has helped me rekindle that a bit.

I’m thinking about downsizing my kit to something that fits in a smaller bag that I just purchased and I can carry with me easily, instead of bringing my bigger backpack.

I used to have a 24-105 back in my Nikon FF days, and I actually miss that range quite a bit when I’m out traveling.

I don’t want to spend any more money on my photo kit this year (bought a drone last week, upgraded my pc last month). I’m thinking of selling two lenses to get myself an 16-80 to carry on travels.

I almost never carry my 55-200 around, even if I do really like the images it produces. Having a more versatile range than the 18-55 has would make me more comfortable taking just one zoom and one prime around.

Anyone here went through a similar path? I’d love to hear your thoughts.

cheers

GabrielFFontes's gear list:GabrielFFontes's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow