Photo Etiquette at a Popular Spot

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cassowary Regular Member • Posts: 164
Photo Etiquette at a Popular Spot

I was at a location that I didn't realize was going to be teeming with photogs.  There was a line of people around a lake.  I still managed to find a spot between 2 people as we all waited for sunrise.  When sunlight hit the mountains behind the lake, everyone was clicking away.  After some time, I don't know how long, 2 photogs to my right removed their tripods and packs and left.   I moved over to take their spots to give myself more elbow room and a slightly different view.  To my surprise, after about 10-15 minutes, they both returned and seemed peeved at me.  I was incredulous that they expected that space to be reserved for them.  I had chatted with them earlier and knew that they had been there since 1am and I had gotten there about an hour before sunrise.  So I didn't argue and ended up fortuitously finding a spot with a better composition.

Do you think that they were entitled to have their space back?  How would you have handled this situation?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow