Canon 500d camera replacement suggestions

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Samsamsamsamsamsamr New Member • Posts: 1
Canon 500d camera replacement suggestions

Hi Guys,

I’m looking to purchase a new Canon camera and I’m wondering what the current equivalent of the 500d is. My initial research suggests it’s the 850D now?
I wanted to ask if there’s anyone out there who’s used both models to tell me what’s moved on since then? I’m seeing the 4000D has a good price point (I’m the occasional user so don’t want to spend too much) and wondered how this compared against the 500d.

background:

I first learnt on a Canon 500d SLR, sold it when I moved overseas about 10 years ago. After a break I thought I’d try the Nikon 3300d, and I’ve never been able to get into it. I find it takes a long time to set up basic things in a shot, and you have to navigate through menus too much. Eg on the canon I find setting up your focal points so much easier using the scroll wheel and a half button press. and it really annoys me on the Nikon how I can’t push the flash down to deactivate it in certain modes, whereas I could on the canon.

in summary, I really don’t want to end up with a camera that is slower to use, I hope the newer canons don’t have the buttons all pushed into electronic menus

Thanks for your advice!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 4000D Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss X7i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow