Strange "warning" sound from Nikon SB-910

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fsgeek New Member • Posts: 13
Strange "warning" sound from Nikon SB-910

Hi everyone,

Recently, I've been getting a strange two-tone sound coming from my Nikon SB-910s when firing in remote mode with my D850 (using SU-800 as the trigger). Let me cut to the chase:

https://youtu.be/y7fLMKzkDRs

I have serached all over the internet and the user manual, and I can't find any information about this sound.

It appears to be intermittent and I can't figure out what causes the sound. When it happens, the affected flash seems to put out the minimum power resulting in a failed exposure.

I'm thinking it's either a fault, or the flash isn't receiving it's trigger signal properly. I'd be surprised if it's a fault since the issue affects both of my SN-910s (sometimes one or the other, other times both simultaneously!)

Has anyone here every encountered this sound? If so, any pearls of wisdom you could share?

Thanks!

Louis Vallance

Note: In the video I'm using an SB-910 as the trigger. I've found that I can get the warning tone with this set-up, as well as shen using both SB-910s as slaves and the SU-800 as the trigger.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow