Hello! And guys, I'm lost. A6600, APS-C and new A7C

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
extrashotpls New Member • Posts: 1
Hello! And guys, I'm lost. A6600, APS-C and new A7C

Hey everyone,

First post - sorry it's one of those, what should I do... things.

I am moving to Saudi from the UK for a couple of years and thought I want an ace camera for when I get there. Equally, I wanted something relatively low-key due to local cultural customs etc. Additionally, I'd prefer to keep it low-key as well rather than looking like some next-level photographer / tourist!

That led me to A6600 and I think, from the amazing autofocus (so I've read) through to the perfect size, it's a great shout for me. I am a little hazy on what the A6600 does that the, say, A7iii doesn't do, but preferably, I don't want the big pyramid thing on the cam and it's a little bulkier (though I haven't seen it in person yet, perhaps I will today)

Now they've done the A7C... is the A6600 still a viable option? I know it's been discussed here before but what's the outlook like for APS-C with that kind of thing? To be honest, I don't think it matters much to me if a bunch of new lenses come or not, if there are some good ones around now, I'll get them and likely won't need to get anymore. But still, worth the question as the A6600 is dead expensive anyway.

Summary - is it reasonable to get the A6600 when the A7C is about to launch? Size, low-key and high quality are main factors and ability to share quickly on Insta/look good on a blog, Does the A6600 do anything the A7C doesn't do? And is that slow SD Card really such a problem in real-use?

I'll mostly be taking pictures of cities, landscapes, deserts (hopefully) and hopefully a bunch of stuff at night in cities, which should be well lit etc. The A6600 with lens kit is currently £1699, £100 cheaper than usual - body-only is £1399. Am I better off body only and getting separate lens/es, or is the kit lens at that price too good to pass up? I should add, I wouldn't mind the A6600 being validated because it's available now and I'm flying in a couple of weeks!

Thanks guys - appreciate your help.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow