Dumb question: on the S1, how do i turn off image stabiliser?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Off The Mark Senior Member • Posts: 3,946
Re: Dumb question: on the S1, how do i turn off image stabiliser?

doubleclick wrote:

I can't figure out how to turn off in body stabilization.

I can find the setting for auto and panning.

As far as I can tell, if you want to turn off ALL stabilization, and you are using a Panasonic lens with stabilization, then turn the stabilization off on the lens. That should turn off ALL stabilization. (I get the Red Hand icon in the upper right hand corner.)

Same deal if you are using a Canon lens with Stabilization on the MC-21. Turn the stabilization switch on the lens to off. (I have no idea what happens if you are using a canon lens without lens stabilization on the MC-21 adapter though.)

If you are using a manual focus lens on a dumb adapter (like my Minolta MD manual focus lenses on cheap adapters), then in the camera menu under image stabilization, in the mode sub menu you get the option to turn it off.

Also, I don't know whether a panasonic lens without lens stabilization (like the 20-60mm lens) will behave. I don't know whether you will get the option in the stabilization menu to turn off stabilization or not.

Hope this helps.

-- hide signature --

What Middle School Is Really Like:
https://youtu.be/Q1Xtz5EqMuo

Off The Mark's gear list:Off The Mark's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a5100 Sony a6300 Sony a6500 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow