RESULTS: *** MINI CHALLENGE 600*** Choose from Six!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Papa48
Papa48 Senior Member • Posts: 2,562
RESULTS: *** MINI CHALLENGE 600*** Choose from Six!

Well-earned thanks are due to those who participated in this challenge. Without further ado, the winners:

Second Honorary Mention goes to KBTinto, for "Circle in the Pavement" under the Something Round category. It was a very timely, and graphic treatment of the theme.

First Honorary Mention goes to Michael86 for "Doggy Shadow" under the Shadow category. This is a very creative use of a family gift of an antique burner, employing a great angle of sharp light. (My wife was quite sure this looked more like a rabbit.)

Third Place is awarded to Bill Borne, for his "Untitled Paperweight" in the Something Round category. I especially liked the technical aspects of this image, and perfectly symmetrical framing. The way it floats on a sky adds an effective surreal quality.

Val Bueno receives Second Place for his beautifully composed and exposed image of P-47 and F-22 Raptor aircraft, in the Shadow category. (It could also qualify for the Contrast category.) The overall color, with the scale and shapes of the juxtaposed planes really make this image great.

And our First Place Winner is hwvlover, for his brilliantly photographed "Something Round within Something Round". Enlarging this image to original size just makes it splendid. The optical glass phenomenon, scale, colors and silhouette of the human hand holding it all create a really unique and stunning presentation.

I continue to believe there is value in a challenge that gets entrants beyond their photo archives and out into a world of countless and potentially profound visual experiences. Thanks again, to all who participated. I look forward to what hwvlover will have in store, for the next challenge.

Howard

Papa48's gear list:Papa48's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow