Search for a Good Darkroom Process Thermometer

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Barlowephoto
Barlowephoto Contributing Member • Posts: 757
Search for a Good Darkroom Process Thermometer

I'm starting to develop film again ( I've had a really good darkroom in my last house --see picture ). I'm in the kitchen of my present house now, just souping B&W negs, ( to be scanned ). I'm using an old Weston dial thermometer that's 40 yrs old, and I'm thinking I can't trust it. The inside of the glass sometimes fogs up, which is not good.

A dream darkroom , 1970's style the former bedroom had shag carpeting. This was a pro darkroom. I shot 4x5 industrial subjects, and needed image quality quality. Even had the Ilfospeed infra-red dryer. I built the sink out of lumber, coated with a silicone paint. Water droplets beaded up on the surface bottom. I had a homebrew enlarger timer I built with vacuum tubes, from a write-up in Popular Electronics magazine.

So, I'm looking for a replacement. Money is not the sole importance, but I do need convenience and accuracy. I liked the readout on the large dial scale. Too many alcohol/glass thermometers are a PITA to see the line , ( I'm 73, I don't have the best eyes ). Can anyone make a suggestion. Love to know what you guys are using.

Barlowephoto's gear list:Barlowephoto's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow