X-T30 Viewfinder question

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fz750
fz750 Regular Member • Posts: 257
X-T30 Viewfinder question

I have an x-t30 viewfinder question.

I'd kind of settled on the theoretical idea of getting an X-T30 for a hiking camera, partly because it's about the smallest aps-c (or larger) camera, and the selection of fairly reasonably priced primes is very good.

However, i've looked a couple of time at demo models in local shops in the past and haven't been at all impressed with the viewfinder, the latest being last Friday, where I was trying to compare the x-t30 and similar models such as the Nikon z50.

It wasn't easy to compare, as the x-t30 and z50 were in different shops (so, of course, even more subjective) but I found it difficult to see writing or details at a distance of 6-7 meters on a shop display with an X-t30, seemed very unclear somehow.

I tried an X-t4 and it was far far better. (obviously I had adjusted the diopter on both).

In a nearby shop I also tried a Z50 (just to see how the viewfinder looked really) and the display seemed somehow to be clearer than the x-t30 (and have better resolution, but I know it isn't obviously) and I could more easily see the writing and details on a similar display at a similar distance. Could it possibly the refresh rate on the fuji? (is this changeable even?)  There also seemed to be some tearing of the image on the x-t30 when I panned around  (I noticed a similar thing when I picked up a Sony A7ii in another shop a little later..)

Any suggestions why I noticed such a difference, or why the x-t30 display might seem to be worse than a z50? I'd really rather not have to get an x-t3 (which are reduced in price here now) as it wouldn't make sense to buy something that is practically the same weight & size to my existing camera body (D7200).

fz750's gear list:fz750's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Nikon D7200 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Tokina 11-20mm F2.8 +2 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow