Anybody using the R5 Clarity adjustment?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
poppyjk
OP poppyjk Contributing Member • Posts: 893
Actual burst length with my JPG settings

Zeee wrote:

I don't do any in camera settings because it can low it down.

When recording RAW + large fine JPG to the CFExpress card with the settings I listed and H+ 12fps I get 133 shots before the camera slows. The manual lists 160 shots as the theoretical maximum.

With recording separately RAW to CFExpress and large fine JPG to SD UHS II with the settings I listed and drive mode set to H+12fps, I get 92 shots before the camera slows.

Recording large fine JPG's only with my settings to the SD UHS II I got 354 shots at H+ 12fps before the camera slowed. The Manual says to expect 190 shots in the burst of large fine JPG's to a SD card. I suppose the Manual was referring to SD UHS I performance.

I don't see the problem of the processor being slowed down with my JPG settings. So I won't worry about it versus the clear advantage of the comprehensive in camera JPG processing.

Canon has put a magnificent processor in the R5.

-- hide signature --

"Well done is better than well said" - Benjamin Franklin
You have my express consent to edit any of my images that I post on DPR.

poppyjk's gear list:poppyjk's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon EF 35mm F1.4L II USM +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow